If you’re like me you know a few knots that get you through most situations. But then you have to haul home an antique Chippendale from the swap meet and you can’t figure out the best knot for tying your tie-down strap to another strap to keep the load secure in two directions.
Fortunately Gear Patrol has you covered with 12 Knots Every Man Should Master. Here are a dozen easy-to-follow videos that show you how to tie a particular knot plus what makes the knot so useful.
Knots covered are:
- Boating Basics: Bowline Knot
- Climbing Classic: Water Knot
- Simple, But Effective: Girth Hitch
- Great for Camping: Clove Hitch
- Not Really a Knot: Basket Hitch
- For Laces Not Lifelines: Square Knot
- Simple and Strong: Half Hitch
- Most Reliable: Double Fishermans
- Another Climbing Stalwart: Flemish Bend
- A Last Resort: Granny Knot
- Great In A Pinch: Alpine Butterfly
- Perfect for Rooftop Tie-Downs: Trucker’s Hitch
Previously on Wild Rye: Know Your Knot – a collection of important knots and how to tie them.